Glamorgan County History
Taken from an article published in the South Wales Daily News dated February 13th 1900
The first meeting of Glamorgan Ladies Golf Club was held at Porthcawl, by kind permission of Mr. W. S. Vivian. Miss Beasley, who presided, started the club at the request of Miss Pearson, Hon. Sec. to the Ladies Golf Union, whose scheme is to organise county clubs throughout the country. The meeting was a successful one and was well attended by members from Swansea Bay, Porthcawl and Glamorganshire clubs.
The officials elected were as follows – President, Lady Lyons; Captain, Mrs. E. U. David (Porthcawl); Hon. Sec., Miss Beasley (Glamorganshire); Hon. Treasurer, Mrs. Ebsworth (Swansea Bay).
Committee – Miss E. Young, Mrs. Ward, Mrs. C. McCall, Miss A. David, Mrs. Lancaster and Miss B. Forester.
The article went on to say “All golfing ladies are invited to attend the County Club, even if they have little or no chance of playing in the team. The subscription is a nominal one, being half a crown per annum for members of a union club and 5/- for those who are not”.